Does this sound familiar? When the weather gets warm, and you visit the beach, where you see people loading onto their boats with their friends and family and getting ready to sail off to a new adventure, you stand there and wonder, should I buy a boat? The answer to this question is yes. Why, well, let’s jump right in. Splash!
Owning your own boat allows you to spend a lot of time on the water, which has many health benefits:
- Fresh Air
- Sunshine (Vitamin D)
- Enhances Physical Activity
- Reduces stress
- You are outside regularly
- Constant sounds of the water can ease stress
People pay to hear the sounds of waves on a sound machine or fancy app. Imagine having that sound at your exposure.
Have you ever heard of the Blue Mind Theory?
The Blue Mind Theory is a meditative state people fall into when on the water. According to biologist Wallace J. Nicholas, being on the water can positively impact our mental state. It is proven that people with depression and anxiety have seen a significant decrease. He also says, “The waters are a source of lifelong calmness, peace, freedom, joy, wonder, awe, romance, creativity, and we need to be reminded of that.”
If you want to read more about this, read his beautifully written book Blue Mind to get some more inspiration on The Blue Mind.
Meeting New People.
Having a new hobby, such as boating, you will make a new community of friends. There is always a place in the boating community for new friends who want to share stories and useful tips about their passion for the sea. Here is why having a new group of friends at any age can be fun:
- It gives you the opportunity to share a new passion with more people.
- You can meet some of the pros. You will find all kinds of different people in the boating community. Finding someone that has been boating for a long time that can share stories, tips, and tricks with you can be exciting.
- Boaters are free and just genuinely happy people. Who doesn’t want that in their life?
Having a boat gives you more choices for adventure. In terms of adventure, the following are some reasons to have a boat:
- Having a boat is going to change the way you take vacations. Unlike airplanes, where you are squeezed in next to a stranger, and your only view is the back of someone’s chair, you are now going to go wherever you want in style. While you travel to your next vacation destination, you can have a drink on the cockpit, fresh air hitting your face and an amazing view straight ahead.
- You can go places airplanes and cars can not take you. Imagine all the beautiful islands you could venture out to.
Getting the family together.
Tired of spending family nights in front of the tv or at the bowling alley? With a boat, the family can enjoy new experiences in a variety of ways:
- Have lunch on the sundeck or bow while enjoying the magnificent water view.
Having a boat opens a whole new way of living, and I hope this article helps you get inspired to get your own. You never know where your next adventure will take you.
- Trailerable Houseboats 101 – Everything You Need To Know - February 15, 2023
- Should You Buy A Boat? (Why I love them) - January 24, 2023